2012 Ladies' Association
|Asst. Vice President
||Jo Ann Jacobson
|Asst. Sec. Treasurer
|Asst. State Rep
We will be posting new information as it becomes available. Check back soon.
- Always be ready to hit in turn. Plan club selection while approaching your ball or waiting for others to hit.
- Let faster players play through if there is an open hole ahead.
- Players whose ball lies closest to hole attends or removes flag. First to hole out should be ready to replace flag.
- To speed up play, putt out, rather than marking ball. Leave putting green immediately after holing out. Record score on route or at next tee.
- Do not move, talk or stand close to ball, hole or in line of putt when a player is making a stroke.
- Rake footprints in sand traps.
- Repair ball marks on greens and fairways.
- Do not scuff shoes on the greens.
- Stay on cart paths when indicated.
- Use of cell phones are not permitted in tournament or during play of a hole (unless you expect an emergency call).
Use the information below to adjust your score card. If your handicap is as follows:
|Most Strokes per hole allowed
|0 to 9
|10 to 19
|20 to 29
|30 to 39
|40 and above
If you have any questions about your handicap or scoring of your cards, please ask the Handicap Chairperson
, Asstant Handicap Chairperson, or the Golf Professional.
Purpose: The name of this organization shall be Oquirrh Hills Women's Golf Association. It's
purpose is to promote woman's golf and assist in the growth of the association. All without profit.
Membership: Any woman golfer who wishes to establish an 18 hole local or UGA Handicap may claim
membership in the association and, or the Utah Golf Association as long as she has retained her amateur status.
Dues: To be eligible for the state sponsored tournaments and maintain a UGA Handicap, members must
pay dues to the Utah State Golf Association. In addition, to play in a USWGA tournament or a USWGA state
sanctioned tournament, or team play, you must be a member of the USWGA. Dues if paid by due date are as follows:
|Oquirrh Hills Women's Golf Association
|Utah Golf Association
Officers: The Officers of this association shall be; President, Vice President, Asst. Vice President,
Secretary Treasurer, State Representative, Asst. State Representative, Handicap & Assistant Handicap Chairperson.
Office Organization Years: shall run from November thru October of each year. If possible, the Vice
President will move up to President the following year.
Elections: The elections of officers for the coming year shall be held on the last day of the Club
Meetings: There shall be one luncheon meeting the 1st Tuesday of each month of the season.
Special meetings may be called by the President, or other officers.
Note: Ammended October 1, 2002
The President shall preside at all meetings and act as exofficio member of all committees. She may
call a special meeting wtih the consent of the other officers.
- If any of the other officers become vacant, the president shall appoint another member to succeed.
- Schedule tee times for Ladies Day Tournament with the Golf Professional before the start of the season.
- Schedule the Club Championship on the calendar with the Golf Professional.
- Schedule all special tournaments.
- Assign the luncheon chairperson.
- Be in charge of getting the golf handbook published.
- In charge of ringer board, and figure out winners of all events.
- In charge of Birdies, Putts and Gobbles, setting up posting charts.
The Vice President shall assume the duties of the president in the absence of that office. If the
office of the President becomes vacant, the Vice President will succeed.
- Set up all ladies day tournaments except for the tournaments listed above, which are set up by the President.
- Collect score cards and figure out winners paying the money to approximately one third of the field.
- Inform the Golf Professional of winners and tournaments as soon as possible for newspaper.
- On the first Tuesday of each month at the luncheon, announce the tournament winners.
- Reserve 1st Tuesday of June for Rally for a Cure Tournament.
Secretary-Treasurer shall keep record of all receipts and an itemized account of all transactions and
- Keep records of all meetings.
- Receive all money (except Ladies Day money).
- Pay all debts.
- Other secretarial duties as needed.
Handicap Chairperson shall act as liaison between Oquirrh Hills Women's Golf Association and the
- Have ladies post their adjusted scores on Posting Sheets.
- Post Ladies Day scores on computer.
Ladies Day Tournaments will begin on the 1st Tuesday in May. Tee time is at 9:00 a.m. in
May, 7:45 a.m. in June, July & August, and back to 9:00 a.m. in September. Tournaments will consist
of 18 holes and played USGA and local rules.
- It is each member's responsibility to complete and sign her score card and post her adjusted score after play.
The club Championship will be a 36 hole tournament, two consecutive days of 18 holes each day. All
players must play at the same time, under the same conditions.
- It will consist of 3 flights and play at least 1/2 of the field.
- Current local handicaps will be used for fighting.
- Prize money will be decided by officers, depending on amount available in the club funds plus $10 entry fee.
Any woman, to be elibible for the Club Championship Tournament, must be a paid active member of this association
, 1st year member that has played 6 ladies day tournaments prior to club championship, or longer
standing member who has played at least 3 times, and made contributions to ward the betterment of the Club (with
no exception). In the event of a tie for Club Championship, a play off must occur of all 18 holes.
- Each officer shall have in her possession a complete copy of the By-Laws and Standing Rules. They shall be
kept current by the President and club members.
- Each officer shall keep record of what she did for the year she served to be given to the next person coming
Flowers or cards will be provided out of club funds as follows:
- In event of death in member's immediate family (spouse, child, or parent) flowers will be sent to member.
- A card will be sent for the death of a member's brother, sister, or grandchild.
- A get well card for member going to the hospital or suffering from an illness.
- Cell phones are not permitted on the Golf Course in a Tournament during play.
- Ammendments to these standing rules may be made by a majority vote of members present at the time when election of new officers take place.
The Ladies Association Officers want to welcome you to another year of great golfing and hope that you all
plan to join us again next year. Thank you in advance for your support of this Golf Club and for being